Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Nothing To Do But Bake

It all started yesterday with this sugar cookie from Pioneer Woman. Nothing but dismay and remorse is to follow. These precious little sugar cookies carry enough lard to make cellulite form on every inch of my body. Even under my toe nails, honest. It is not a pretty sight. This ice storm must stop before I am too big to get out of the house.
Then it all got kicked up a notch when my babysitter arrived with this cake mold from Williams Sonoma. My heart sang wildly. I hugged them and cried and was unable to speak for a whole 45 seconds. (This might be a world record for me.)
I made muffins this morning in my new cake pan. I thought this might be a smiggen healthier than a cake for breakfast. I decided once they cooled, I would ice them and place them on a race track for my boys for a scrum diddly umptious breakfast. We set them out to cool.
We could not wait. It was painstakingly awful. The wait seemed to go on forever. We threw all caution to the wind and ate them then and there. There was no time for icing. We must conquer!
Burp!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those cookies are awesome!! A friend taught me how to make them a couple Christmas' ago and I've been making them ever since. Have fun. And send some cool weather our way. It was 50 degrees here near Delaware today!!!

Kila said...

How fun!

My boys would not have waited, either!

Meg said...

Wow, those look awesome! It's funny how quickly Ree's recipes travel around the internet ... I swear I see them popping up everywhere! I hope you guys enjoyed the food.

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

MMMMM.....looks good!