Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Indulge

Have you ever wanted to indulge in despair -- to give into the temptation and pamper your desire? Ah, what a luxury that would be; to ponder all my transgressions and deliberate upon my offenses. But luxury I do not have and indulgences always carry a price too high; at least one that is not affordable for me. For although it leads to temporary satisfaction, the lasting wound never quite heals.

So tonight I will not ponder my offenses or indulge in my despair. Instead I will discipline myself to forgive and heal, instead of picking away at my scabs. For tomorrow is a new day to live. And what if I were the transgressor?

2 comments:

justgottalaugh said...

Right on.

Unknown said...

Definitely a selfish indulgence. Well identified;).
And ditto to justgottalaugh.