Saturday, March 8, 2008

I Am Nervous

I am nervous. I am waiting to see how things will "come out in the wash" with a project at work. It makes me squimish and sweaty and buterflyie and just plain nervous. And when I am nervous, I clean. Indiana Jones says I am not nervous often enough. Well, today let me tell you there was enough nervous energy in me to clean out a barn. I have been there done that and it is not a pretty sight.

Since I now live the city life, there were no barns in sight. So, I turned my attention to the kitchen. I began to burn off my nervous energy with the fridge.
This seemed like an easy enough task . One that would take my mind off things and allow me to nibble on the forgotten Magic Shell chocolate.

I have had this fridge for over 5 years and had no clue about all its capabilities -- draws, hidden compartments, etc.
Oh, I had no clue about this either... I also realized that I have some subconscious desire for sweet pickles. I must have picked a jar up every time I went to the store.All this fancy-schmancy capabilities seemed great , until I tried to put all the parts back together. I needed an engineering degree, and let's face it, this is not my strong suit. I don't even think I have a strong suit.

Many hours later and numerous swigs of wine, I was finished.
I realized I needed to make a trip to the grocery store.

But wait, my lovers were still there.
The fridge did not ease my anxieties. I had to move on to bigger and better things. I decided to tackle the playroom...
Which lead to the attic...
Which finished in the garage...
This is my pile of giveaways. Do you think I am related to Sanford and Son?

PS I am still nervous. Look out sock/panty drawer. Don't worry, I will not put those on the front lawn.

4 comments:

Flea said...

Oo! You use Highland butter too? What fun! My husband recently cleaned out our fridge. Hmm. I think I'll post my pictures of his adventure. You're right about needing an engineering degree to put those things back together. Only, he rearranged all my shelves and drawers and I love it! Who knew?

Anonymous said...

Hey, I totally need that Leapfrog table...sold mine by accident in our last garage sale! Can you believe that!

Dreams of a Country Girl said...

flea -- we rearranged and everything seems bigger now too

shannon -- i would send it to you for free, but i actually gave it away to a blogger who emailed me...sorry

Heidi said...

When did you say you were coming to my house? Please?! When I get stressed, I drink more Dr. Pepper and eat more. And the house looks worse.