Friday, May 23, 2008

On the Road Again

...I just can't wait to get on the road again.

Last night at 10:00 the entire family started singing in unison,
"We're not gonna take it,
No we ain't gonna take it,
We're not gonna take it anymore."

I am such a Twisted Sister. And then we did this little choreographed danced and harmonized, you know the normal stuff.

The movers arrived yesterday morning and I had no idea what I was getting myself into.
About 2.5 minutes into the process I was overwhelmed so I ran to my safe haven....Target. I bought rugs and life felt better. When I returned however this was the state of the boy twerps. Things did not look so good for them.

Look at our boo boo....
Soon, IJ was able to console Baby Twerp and life looked a little better.
I started off int he captain;s chair. I though I could sit here all day and direct the inner workings of the movers. This seemed so perfect. Directing and commanding 8 men. It lasted 4.8 seconds and then they told me to get off my lazy butt. Mush. Mush.I cried and wept and then pulled myself together. But I was not happy about it.
I then started in the playroom? Moms around the world, what room would you have started in? What would have been your priority? Please notice my obsession for children's books. Those are all boxes of books.
We got to this stage of unpacking. I was hyperventilating, Indiana Jones was getting an ulcer, Eldest Twerp was curled up in the fetal position, Middle Twerp was sucking his thumb, and Baby Twerp was asking for coffee...not much phases him.
Our bags were already packed so we loaded up and took off for Indiana -- the land flowing with milk and honey. Ahhhh....We stayed in a hotel last night and now off to the Promised Land.

4 comments:

Treasia Stepp said...

I don't envy you the unpacking part of the moving process at all. I hated this part of it with a passion. I never minded so much the packing up of things or the moving part. but trying to find a new home for all of my junk was horrible.

I would have started in the kitchen first. But then again my kids aren't little any longer either.

chocolatechic said...

Depending on what time of the day it is, I either unpack the bathroom or the kitchen.

Those 2 rooms are the main ones that everyone uses. I always get Superman to set up the beds while I am unpacking those 2 rooms.

Generally though, since the bathrooms are smaller, I do them first.

@meintweet said...

i stall around wondering aimlessly from box to box until J.R. - my life partner - gets upset and takes it over! Sometimes ADD comes in handy.

@meintweet said...

Oh and our living room and hallway is some type of mocha but we might have to go triple mocha on the kitchen / dining area.