Friday, July 4, 2008

Don't Stop Believing

Happy 4th of July! We had a little celebration downtown...Have I mentioned that we live down-town? This is a benefit when it comes to a gazillion people having to find a place to park and we can just walk out our front door and round the bend and be there. And I am all like, yea...look at our great parking place.

When the band started playing, I totally just peed my pants. Soak-n-wet gusher I am tellin ya. It was a tribute band to one of my fave bands ev-er and they were GOOOOD. Like really good. See if you can guess who it was...

Have I mentioned it was packed? Everyone was lovin, touchin, squeezin each other. And I was fine with that cause I am a lover not a fighter.
And the food was dee lish. They had the attitude of...Anyway you want it that's the way you need it. Soon we were sitting back, relaxing and the fireworks began...Each one had a unique twirl, shape or spin. This one went round and round and the wheel in the sky keeps on turning....Needless to say the loud booms set some Twerps into despair. Who's crying now?
But never fear, Indiana Jones was here....So now I come to you with open arms. Then it was all over and the lights went down and we pulled out our own fireworks. We all know what happens when the lights go down in the city....We had a little P-A-R-T-Y... Then we had to say to everyone...The Party's Over

Have ya figured the band out? I know I am such a dork, but I love them....wanna marry them and have their babies....Please still love me. I am always here for you...Faithfully.

9 comments:

feather k said...

Well...at least the wheel in the sky keeps on turning!

Kim said...

I wonder if taking photos (especially close ups) of crying children scars them for life?

Dana and Daisy said...

So are we to assume you and IJ didn't go your "seperate ways" because afterall, you two are "stone in love"? Those fireworks are for "only the young" and I hope Oldest Twerp had a good time, cause a "girl can't help it". "Be good to yourself" today and "I'll be alright without you." Just "ask the lonely"

Kila said...

Great photos. Happy 4th of July! Smile, Twerps!

Pony Girl said...

Hee! Everyone is so clever. One of my all-time favorite bands ever, too. Don't stop Believin' is my cell phone ring tone.
Great pics of the fireworks, those always seem hard to capture.
I am jealous of your downtown small town 4th of July fun! ;)

Marchelle said...

hahaha...love me some journey. lovin touchin squeezin is my FAVE!

and i LOVE your fireworks pics - thanks for posting them! we have the same camera and i was wondering how they would turn out tonight!

♥ Becky ♥ said...

What a great post, especially the part with the Journey lyrics. Very well said.
Love the shots of the fireworks, well done. Even the poor little twerp crying.

The Kelso-Winter Family said...

Oh I just know your favorite band is the Lawrence Welk Band.. can't get enough of ol' Larry in his blue tux and ruffle shirt... and a 'one and a two.. am i right???

Jubilee on Earth said...

LOL -- Great post. That's great music for the 4th!!! I would've loved that. Cool pics, too. Glad you guys had a great time.

:o)

Cheers!
~Maria
Jubilee on Earth