Tuesday, March 17, 2009

HAPPY ST PATTY's DAY

I love me some St Patrick's Day. I don't really know why, other than I feel sorry for the little holidays that seem to be overshadowed by the big, popular ones like Christmas and Easter and 4th of July. So in an effort to embrace all holidays and make them feel valuable and loved -- I celebrate like nobodies business.

I also use the 40 minute traffic commune to paint my finger and toenails. I am a multitasker like that and all. HOWEVER -- as I dropped the boys off to their preschool a red-headed freckle-faced ADORABLE woman came up to me and said, "Oh, you must be Irish!"

To which I replied, "No, I just like St Patrick's Day cause I feel like it is the red-headed step child that never gets enough attention." Then I opened my mouth and inserted my foot.

Then she replied, "Oh, well with your hair and high cheekbones and wide set eyes, I just assumed you were Irish. You should check into it."

WHAT??? Wide set eyes? Seriously???

8 comments:

Lo said...

hahahahaha!!!! ohmygoodness wouldn't it be awesome if you were irish? then you could talk in an irish accent and dance a jig. hehehehe :)

Linda said...

I think that was the nicest jab back for the red headed stepchild comment I've ever heard!
BTW your nails look fabulous darling!

Kati said...

Haha! I giggled at your comment. I dont think your eyes are wide-set at all! Love your green nails!

Treasia Stepp said...

you look adorable today. How cute and festive. Here I am Irish and completely got so busy forgot today was St. Patty's Day.

Sarah said...

Hahahaha!
Too funny. I do have some Irish in me & green eyes. I remember when someone told me almost the very same thing about my eyes & checkbones. Too funny this redheaded (or at least I used to be & am when I'm in the sun) girl, Loved it!

The Kelso-Winter Family said...

you go double-check your family heritage and see if maybe there's a red-headed stepchild as your great-great potato famine grandpappy! so the irish have wide-set eyes???

Dana and Daisy said...

I don't know about the wide set part, but the green color! HOw much green beer DID YOU drink today? lol!

green or not, that dress is cute on you!

Anonymous said...

Ms. O'Cat what are you talking about? You can't see those W-I-D-E set eyes when you look in the mirror??? lol
Meemaw