Sunday, November 18, 2007

Eldest Twerp Turns Ten

Double Digit birthdays do not happen everyday. So we must celebrate in style. Indiana Jones and I took my Eldest Twerp, Nutter, Butter, and Jessie Ann to the Orr Family Farm. It reminded me of back in the land flowing with milk and honey, The Promised Land, a.k.a. Indiana. SighWe only allowed Eldest Twerp to bring along one friend. The wisdom of motherhood has taught me that anything more than two 10-year-old girls spells D-R-A-M-A. There can only be one drama queen in the family and I have already claimed that title. So off Jessie Ann and Eldest Twerp went to enjoy the birthday festivities.First the horse ride. They were the sweetest little things in the world. They just mosied along. They reminded me of Eeyore. Dum Dum Dum.My baby refused to get off the horse. He found his one, true love. There was wailing and gnashing of teeth as we pulled him away from his heart throb. It was horrendous. I think we all need therapy.We were then distracted by Llama. Llama was in love with butter. He followed him everywhere. Llama + Butter = True Love 4ever. He was so smitten with my baby. They danced, laughed, and enjoyed they day.Eldest Twerp loved the rabbits. I think they were evil, they all had red, evil eyes. Eeek, eek, eek. It gave me the heeby jeebies. I am not a bunny fan. They scare me, haunt my dreams, make me suck my thumb and cry for my mama. Middle twerp found his true love, Sarah the Goat. They fed each other corn, pushed foreheads together, and neighed in each other's ear. It brought a tear to my eye.Once we finally broke away from the stalkerish Llama and Goat, we made it to the iron horses. These were just as enjoyable as the real thing. And they smelled WAY better. Like so so so much better. Like potpourri and fresh linen. Like angel kisses and baby checks. Not like the real ones AT ALL!I am not saying anything about this. I think he has issues because I did not breast feed.Hayride time to the Pumpkin Patch."This is the best Hayride ever mom!"
"Mom, why is this man sticking his bum in my face? It smells like the horses?"

Lastly, we rode the train.All tuckered out!

2 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Darling post. I loved the picture and your funny comments. And a ten year old! Exciting times ahead for you.

Jubilee on Earth said...

Aw! That was so cute! It looks as if you all had a great time. Wish I was there!

;0)

Maria