Friday, November 30, 2007

Wined and Dined

Last night I was wined and dined like I was someone important. I took it all in. We went here and immediately when I walked in I was treated with the royalty I always knew I was meant to have.We began our dinner with apricot tea and this apple truffle -- compliments of the chef. I so felt like I was on Top Chef. Let me just tell you this tiny carmel apple sitting on a little bed of heaven was scrumptious. I groaned and awed and uhmmed to the point people were staring. It might have been due to the fact I also licked the plate. I mean look how small that portion was. Gimme a break!Then they ordered this breaded brie and fried spinach with strawberry sauce and calamari. It all sounded gross, but not as gross as the suction sounds coming from me licking my fingers.Next came the roasted beet salad with crumbled blue cheese and vinaigrette. Oh Lawd just let me die and go to heaven right now. My eyes rolled back in my head and I began to wish I would have worn my stretchy pants. My main dish arrived. I took the chef's suggestion on all my items. I ordered the pan seared tilapia with capers and potatoes, but without the pecans. Too many nuts make my tongue itch and I knew dessert was coming. Lawd knows I did not want to be ordering dessert with a lisp. Can you see the fried spaghetti sticking up? It was for looks ONLY! Or so I was told as I started crunching away.Then a light appeared and angels started to sing as the heavens broke open to deliver this Italian Creme Cake.
On the way out we noticed you could PURCHASE their desserts to GO! I went ahead and unbuttoned my pants. No need to avoid the inevitable. Ya know what I am saying girlfriend?We laughed, we cried, we snorted, we declared our unfailing love for Vic's Vapor Rub. It was a majestic evening. And to top it all off, here are my valet boys. I want to bring them home with me and carry them in my pocket everywhere I go. I love valet boys.
Here is the mastermind behind the whole evening. I just love Austin. She forces me to be cultured and put my napkin on my lap, and use the right fork. But no one can stop the compliments to the chef...BURP! Ah, yummy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww - if I ever get to wherever-you-live (it escapes me just now!), I'm totally begging you and Austin to take me there. The food looks scrumptious!

Anonymous said...

You look so pretty in that picture!

-Lynni