Tuesday, March 11, 2008

My Book List

Not that you asked, but I just thought I would give you a Top 13 list of "if you are looking for a good book cause your cable went out and you already painted your toenails and you have read every book on Oprah's list and John Grishom and Danielle Steel (my college day favorites) are not options anymore, " then here is my list....take it or leave it, I just thought I would share cause that's me...a giver. These are in no order...I could not rank these. It would be like picking my favorite child (although that would be easy for my mom.) Enjoy!
1. The Education of Little Tree by Forrest Carter

2. The Giver by Lois Lowry

3. Brave New World by Aldous Huxley

4. Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls

5. Out of the Dust by Karen Hesse

6. Season of Life: A Football Star, a Boy, a Journey to Manhood by Jeffery Marx

7. Mitford Series (1-8) by Jan Karon

8. The Million Dollar Shot by Dan Gutman

9. Beauty by Bill Wallace

10. Flower for Algernon by Daniel Keyes (get a tissue)

11. On the Night You Were Born by Nancy Tillman

12. A Mother for Choco by Keiko Kasza

13. The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I loved the Giver, and thought Brave New World a 'good read' this year. I'll have to check out a few others on your list...

Candy said...

Come on, now. Nobody reads The Scarlet Letter for pleasure.

Cynthia said...

I always LOVE book lists and recommendations. I keep a running list for the times I need to choose one for our bookclub. Thanks for sharing!
(btw - ran across your blog randomly. It's fun to read.)