Monday, April 14, 2008

Monday Morning

UPDATE: Baby Twerp passed his hearing screening in his right ear perfectly. He failed in his left ear miserably. By my estimation only 50% of you were praying, chanting, and rubbing Buddha's belly. Get in the game people.
I am kidding.

This sweet angel will be getting his hearing screened Monday morning, again. He failed his last test and has a 50% speech delay. You can read all about it here and here (scroll down to the bottom). This made me weep and have gnashing of teeth -- seriously. I think we have established my obsessive personality, so it should come to no surprise that I read about 4,821 books and 318 article. I spoke with 5 speech pathologists and 2 chiropractors (I want proper alignment too). I watched Mr Holland's Opus 16 times and Juno 7 times because it makes me smile. I have been working with him daily and can see some significant gains. He is speaking in 6-7 word sentences. He is mimicking me (sometimes not the best role model) and his brother. And his vocabulary has over doubled. This has been in a month.
If he fails this hearing screening, we will look at tubes. That means surgery, which means knives, which means anaesthesia, which means ... worry. My heart is already palpitating.
Please pray, sprinkle holy water, say Hail Mary's, light candles, rub Buddha's belly, kneel at sunset and chant....do whatever it is you do. We can use all the help we can get.
(PS That last pic is at my mom and dad's house. Now that I look at it, that might be Middle Twerp. Am I going nuts or is there a stage in your life that you can't tell your babies' pictures apart?)

9 comments:

Tracie said...

Good luck with the hearing test!!!

Jubilee on Earth said...

I will pray with all of my heart that he's okay...

The improvement looks to be impressive! Not that I'm a doctor, but I bet it's something.

Please keep us posted...

Hugs,
Maria

Heidi said...

I'm praying for you both!

Elise said...

You will both be in my prayers.

Hoping to read some positive news on your blog soon.

Unknown said...

Good Luck with your son!! It's always hard when your kids are sick or if there's something wrong that we can't fix with a kiss and band-aid. Best wishes floating your way!!

Anonymous said...

You are in my prayers!
ArrowsforGod

Anonymous said...

You know what? I just thought about something when I saw this. Lion wanted a heart, Scarecrow wanted brains and I needed a heart. But what all of us really need is FAITH! All will be fine just keep the faith. My heart tells me so.(I did get a heart you know!)
Love and blessings to you all.
Tin-Man

Anonymous said...

I will be in prayer for you and your precious son! May God heal him quickly and completely!

ptamom3 said...

The picture of you and your son shows soooo much love- It's an awesome photo! Best wishes today with his tests. Sounds like you are really gaining ground on helping him out yourself. Keep up the great work and all will work out as it's suppose to!