Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My Date

I had a little date night tonight with myself. I went to one of my fav places ALL BY MYSELF. And it was quiet and no one talked to me and I wore black workout pants and a navy blue shirt. Did you hear me? Black and Navy! I am so wild and crazy like that.

But I went to Target and walked slowly into the store and did not get a cart. I never don't get a cart. And I have to get one of those mega carts that will hold triplets and septuplets and platelets and halibuts. But not this time -- no siree Bob. Only a Little Red Robin Hood basket for me. And I meandered and hummed and even whistled at times...and I could hear myself breathe.

I first went into the aisle with travel sized objects and let me just say I love me some travel sized objects. It is like a baby aisle -- baby deodorant, baby mouthwash, baby toilet paper rolls. I mean everything is cuter as a baby and I have an unhealthy addiction to the travel sized aisle. I especially like the mini q-tips. I like to call them mini qt-tips...can I get an amen?

Then I wandered to the office supply aisle. And if I have an unhealthy obsession with travel sized objects then I am in full lust mode with office supplies. I can spend some hours looking at sharpie markers -- the color choices and the tip sizes...oh it just gives me butterflies and the post it notes...in shapes and colors...be still my beating heart. Nothing says I love you like colored paper clips and a neon stapler. You know it is true.

No date is complete without the coffee {aisle}...I love myself some coffee aroma. I just stand there and close my eyes and pretend I am in Kenya or Brazil or Colorado...and oh I feel so sexy and seduced.

I try on some sunglasses here and wear a few hats there and look in mirrors longer than I should. But I can because I am BY MYSELF.

And the atrocity of it all, I did not have to use the bathroom once....Not once. I always have to use the bathroom with three kids and a time schedule...that is all I am sayin.

9 comments:

Cristie said...

We have so much in common. I love those little dates by myself. You can actually browse and not spend all your time hurrying to get what you need so you can quit being embarrassed by the behavior of your kids. I haven't had one of those for a while. I envy you right now.

Jenn said...

Congrats on the alone time. :) You definitely deserve it!



P.S. Hi Cristie! (she's my aunt-in-law in one month!)

Treasia Stepp said...

Those times are the best. I love going to Hobby Lobby and just browsing around and being able to spend as long as I want there without someone telling me what a boring store it is. It's been to long now.

Micha said...

I'm a stationery freak too. I have so many notebooks with random jottings it's not funny. And pens always get their own legs and disappear so one can never have too many pens. I'm glad you had a great date with yourself :-)

CindyDianne said...

I always have to use the restroom when I shop by myself. Always. Except at the grocery store. There the inconvenient urge stays quiet. What is up with that?

Dana and Daisy said...

I had a tar-jay trip yesterday too, but only came home with cat litter and blank stationery for some invites I need to print.

I love my alone time, too!

Laura B. said...

Oh!! A BIG Amen, Sista on the alone time...and I don't even have kids. But I love to just go to Target or Michaels or Hobby Lobby and just wander the aisles. I can't ever do that with hubby around. Ahhhhhh.....

Anonymous said...

Target is Awesome! I know what you mean about the travel size section! Love it! You can sample all kinds of new stuff and not spend a lot of $! And don't get me started on the office supplies! I was at Target last Friday and they had a section of Salem Hyiack (Not sure if that is spelled right?) office organizers and note pads and sticky notes! Bestill my Heart! Congrats on the "Me" time! It is much deserved!

Paige said...

I have the same problem with office products--I can smell new papers for hours, I even get distracted in the copy area at work just looking at all the papers. And I cannot even work the copy machine so there is no need for that.

If I build my dream house, it will have a huge library and a big section for papers!