Thursday, August 28, 2008

Retro Indiana Jones

Well, I cannot deny this any longer. As told by the 42% vote, you all want more info about Indiana Jones. And I am fine with this. Really. I am. Really. Fine. I will share. But the minute you start liking him more than me, I am pulling him from the blog. Cause I am a fierce competitor. Actually, I am totally jealous. And you all are MINE ALL MINE!

But you wanted to see IJ behind the scenes and I think the shower pics I posted before were not what you had in mind. So I decided to start at the beginning of time.

Pre K - IJ has always been all boy. And I think it is quite clear in this pic. Just look at that. But someone please tell me why they had him cross his arms. Is that not the most UN-NATURAL thing you have ev-a seen? But is still looks cute on this little munchkin.
1st - IJ I have always known. He and my older brother were in the same grade. And let me just say, these eyebrows made my two year old knees go weak.
2nd -- Uhm, did we forget a haircut? That hair is WAVY.... and it follows the lines on his shirt. All of which I am most certain he planned.
3rd -- That shirt makes me wanna pet him. Was this shirt from the Van Buren administration? {Look at me all politically savvy now that I watch the DNC.}
4th -- Uhm, was that soft velvet in style? Cause I was only in Kindergarten here and I was still listening to my mother for my fashion sense. If he had a little chest hair, he would be like Tom Selleck in this pic with his shirt all unbuttoned low and all. 5th - Now this is when IJ's true self started to develop. At this point and time he became a Bobby Knight follower. An obsessed IU basketball maniac. And he knows more IU trivia than anyone next to Bobby. This was his sister's eight grade graduation. Can I get a witness on the southern belle dress? And in powder pink? Be still my beating 80's heart. And there is IJ trying to soak up some attention. And someone tell me that he does not look JUST LIKE HIS DAD?

6th grade - Now this is the IJ I remember. My dad started coaching baseball and I remember him being on my brother's team. And when I saw that smile and his walk and the hair...I was so in second grade love. I actually would write our names together on my Trapper Keeper. It was destined to be.
Below you will see the TEAM.

Front row, second boy...IJ
Middle row, third boy...my brother.
What more would you like to know?

15 comments:

Marchelle said...

um, can we get some prom pics?

or a senior pic with an IOU sweatshirt and tight-rolled jeans and reebok pumps?

Bekah said...

hmm...cute. he looks just like...himself. Okay i knew what i meant with that...im not sure anyone else did, how about a wedding picture?

Paige said...

Wow, a Bobby fan. That changes my opinion a little bit. I have a friend from Marion Indiana-interesting

Tracie said...

Oh yea, wedding pics! That would be great!

Dana and Daisy said...

how did he propose to you? C'mon, give us the good stuff!

Adventure girl said...

When did you go from "my brothers friend" to "my boyfriend"?

Yea, wedding pics.

With the kids, dad pics?

That would be the bomb baby!

@meintweet said...

Remember you bring people into the friendships but IJ sustains them. You can't go wrong with more IJ posts. And I really hate typing IJ. I'll probably call him that. How did he get that nickname anyway.

Anonymous said...

I love this post. If (ok,ok, WHEN) I copy it in the near future, I'll link to you!

I want to hear the whole love story too!

Marchelle said...

yeah, so marion, IN? ya'll arent from SO IN originally? [like how i threw that SO IN out there, like SO CAL or SO HO? i'm SO cool. haha] mr. clean's psycho ex-fiance is from marion... hopefully there's no relation.

i think you should post the love story. like PW's black heels to tractor wheels style. only without the calf nuts. hopefully?

Dreams of a Country Girl said...

marchelle -- i lived in the same house my entire like and if has lived in the same town of 623 his entire life....

marion was an all star team in the big city....so see, i do not lie girlfriend.

Anonymous said...

i enjoyed this post. IJ is himself, indeed.

The Kelso-Winter Family said...

wow. if i'd married my 2nd grade love, i'd be married to my brother's friend who is a drummer for aimee mann.. cool, eh? doesn't IJ ever take a bad pic? and did you find these school photos in your trapper keeper? amazing!

Marchelle said...

ok.. cause i was thinking of marion, IN that is way up north close to ft. wayne. i was like, that's a really long way to travel for a baseball game. gotcha.

CreativeMish said...

Now I see where the boys get their looks. They look so much like their dad when he was younger!

queen of everything said...

OK, so in all the years I new y'all that is the most times I have seen IJ smile!