Saturday, August 9, 2008

Summer's End

I just love Lake Day. We spent the last day of summer break squeezing every drop of fun out of it that we could -- and it was exhausting. This is where I started my day at the lake-- in my chair with my Vanilla Dr Pepper with Lime. I went all crazy and got vanilla in my Dr P...it was a wild day. Baby Twerp started his day off at the lake by eating...and eating... and building a sand castle...and performing miracles like partin the Red Sea...ya know the normal stuff.Eldest Twerp finally was able to fulfill her summer goal and swim the entire cove...it is much longer than it appears and I was very proud of her...she is quite the swimmer. Middle Twerp went boating and fishing..he even caught himself a turtle...and he ended his trip by eating a little H2O melon too...

But how did I end my last day of summer at the lake...
Why the same way I began it...What...it looks like I never moved...uhm...uhm...please don't judge me. It was my last day and all. Oh please...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love those tall Georgia pines. One of the photos of the cove looks exactly like Cedar Lake in eastern Okla. where I learned to swim. Your kids will NEVER forget this summer! It looks like a glorious few months from the view over here.

Lacie said...

looks like you guys had a great last day fo summer! best of luck to you and your kids at their new school.
smiles... lacie b

The Kelso-Winter Family said...

last day of summer, already? we've just had our first 3 days of summer up here! and you DID move.. i saw your gorgeous hair move...i did! start that ET training NoW for the Olympics. Michael Phelps started at 11. Forget school. Work on lung capacity!

Dana and Daisy said...

Judge you? for sittin' there all day? I would have asked you to fetch me a pop-sickle if you dared to get up!