Wednesday, September 3, 2008

School: Baby Twerp Style

Let me introduce you to Baby Twerp. He is, well, he is...he...uhm...Let's just say he marches to a beat all his own. Now, I choose to believe this beat is a spin off of Thriller or even Duran Duran because I could not bear to think of him marching to Barry Manilow or Milli Vanilli. Although I think we can all admit we danced to a little Blame in on the Rain. Of course, this was PRIOR to the knowledge they were just ventriloquist, but I still loved their hair.
Anyhoo, Baby Twerp started his first day of Mother's Day Out today. It is one day a week and let's just say I was a little apprehensive. All month I have been playing this up and talking about how much fun school would be and all the friends he is going to meet. He would simply reply with the same standard prerecorded message every single time, "I will not go to school." I almost expected him to break out in rhythmic rhyme each time, "I will not ,could not in a car, not in a tree not with a bee. I would not, could not with a fox or with a box. I will not go to school no way. I will not will, not let me be." But he didn't.

But this morning he got up and we just ignored the fact that I would be taking him to school...without me...all alone...for 4 whole hours. And I handed him is lunch in a gallon zip lock cause we have no lunch boxes. And this is the look he gave me...

I was already getting from a 3-year-old how UNCOOL it was to carry his lunch in a zip lock.
We decorated it with his sister's stickers and that made it better.
And then when he saw what I packed... He was all like "Mmmmm, food." I so know my child's love language.
As we pulled in the parking lot he immediately started his chant, "I will not go to school. I will not go to school. I will not go to school." with inflection on a different word each time. It was kinda cute and even entertaining, but I had no time for these silly chants. Please let me be.

I was totally prepared for the melt down. I was armed with tissue and mascara. Bring it on.

But then...then...miraculouslly...

Baby Twerp found Frucks and Frackers.And life was wonderful and pure and sweet. And he turned around and waved as he said, "Wuv you Mom. Bye."

Thank goodness I brought the tissue. Sniffle. Sniffle.

14 comments:

♥ Becky ♥ said...

WOW, that went a lot better than expected. Thank goodness for the frucks and frackers!!!!

Now the question of the day is....what are you doing with your whole 4 hours!!!

ptamom3 said...

Yes we all want to know what you are planning for those 4 hours! I know you are going to take pictures through the window so we can see how his day went :) Ok, really...I'm so glad he walked right in there like a big boy and hopefully he's still having a great time!

Jenn said...

Yay!! What a big day for BT!

Marchelle said...

the boy is on 2 waiting lists for preschool here. can you just come get him and drop him off with baby twerp? thanks. oh, and could you stop and get me a tall vanilla hazelnut cappuccino on the way? thanks.

(can you believe starbucks doesn't have ALMOND flavoring anymore?! GAH!)

Scrappy Girl said...

You girls and your coffee...yuck!

Glad this went well your him and you. Relax and enjoy!

Dreams of a Country Girl said...

womb mate -- i am drinking a vanti vanilla latte as we speak...come on over...

today...coffee and studying...i mean like late college studying...with highlighters and everything...pink, of course.

Dreams of a Country Girl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Adventure girl said...

Oh, I remember "Mother's day out" I had never heard of it till I moved to OKC. I loved it and became a teacher there after a while.
I cracked up at the stickers on the bag:)

What are you studing for?
Were you a principle before you moved?
http://adventuregirlwannabee.blogspot.com/

Dreams of a Country Girl said...

heidi -- do you like in okc...ya know i just moved form there...sniffle sniffle

what am i studying for...let's keep it a mystery a little while longer

before...i worked for the state dept of education before i moved and i really liked it...i worked with people WAY smarter than me and it helped me grow so much. before that i was an assistant principal and before that a teacher..now i am UNEMPLOYED. have i mentioned that before

Adventure girl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Adventure girl said...

Am I losing my mind? I thought I left an answer before lunch????

Anyhouser-I lived in OKC for only a year, but loved it. That was a LONG time ago:)
Please forgive me, I can't help myself. Check out new pics of Cooper on my blog:) Please???

Carrie said...

Have I missed something? Are you expecting twerp #4? Just checking! Sometimes I'm a little slow! Glad baby twerp did good this mornin!

Lo said...

I KNEW it!!!! If you're reading what to expect when you're expecting, you are so K-Nocked up (that's how my husband says it) sniffle sniffle! yea! Hey since I guessed first a couple of posts ago, do I win a prize? Just Kiddin' girl! Congratulations!!!! I want another sweet baby, 2 and 4 are officially not babies...or so I've been told several times by said 2 and 4 year old....I'm so glad I'm the oldest of 4 and I'll have plenty of sweet nieces or nephews eventually, (if they'll ever get a move on ;)

Dana and Daisy said...

I almost missed this great post.

So, what did you do while he was in school?

p.s. no hard feelings on the working class thingy. It's not you, it's them.