Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Sick Day 101

The thing with my twerps is that they can be sick as a dog one minute, and then once the Tylenol has kicked in, they are fine. Fine I tell you. Like I look at them and think, "WHY? Why dear sweet baby Jesus, did I not send these Twerps to school? They are FINE!"Middle Twerp was the one having a little bit of trouble snapping out of it, so I asked him what momma could do to make him feel better.His response was to make chocolate chip cookies. How could I possibly deny this face...this wearing the exact same shirt for 2 days face? And we will not even bring up the fact that he has no pants on. Who is this kid's mother???Eldest Twerp spent her day in her room completing her homework...cause she is responsible like that...and because her momma is a task master. Mush. Mush!Me? Moi? What did I do? Have you not noticed the Pledge bottle in EVERY picture. I dusted. Cause I felt like the dust might be carrying those darn pus (only one "S") pockets. I am VERY medically savvy like that and all. Cause I watch Grey's Anatomy.
I also read sad stories on the Internet. IJ says to MOST normal human beings, they are not sad...but inspiring. Well, I cry when I see new babies and at one-year-old birthday parties and at ALL weddings and at graduations and at most movies....even Rambo First Blood. Seriously. I get verkelmpt...easily. So does this child. We share the same genes. But obviously not the same jeans...cause he never has on pants. Cause I am too busy on the internet.
P.S. Please don't judge me or my hair or my paleness...I was sick. Amen.

But I went to the doctor.And this was my view for an hour and fifteen minute wait. Uhm...Exsqueeze me? For 1 hour and 15 minutes....Are you for real???So since I had nothing better to do I looted the medical supplies. Cause I am a totally clepto like that and all.
Never leave me alone in your office supply room. I totally have a fetish for post-it notes.

I am just tellin it like it is peeps.

LYLAS,
XXXOOO,
CG



15 comments:

Scrappy Girl said...

I am a little "clepto" in the doc's office too...I even have a VIP pass since hubby is the dr. LOL!

Oh how I love those little goodies left by the drug reps...but now they passed a law that they can not give away those little goodies...that stinks...

DW said...

Hey! Sorry you guys are sick. I've got a sick little man, myself. Sore throat and barky cough. Poor baby.

Red velvet ain't such a bad throat discription. Read this...
http://countrydoctorswife.blogspot.com/2008/01/crackheads-are-more-interesting.html
It will crack you up. Hope you and the babies feel better soon!

Bekah said...

the new rambo totally made me cry...just saying!

Anonymous said...

If it's any consolation, you're not the only mom who leaves the same shirt on their kid for 2 days(or more). I have so done that! Especially on the weekends when we don't go out of the house, cause there's no gas! I feel ya, sista!

Marchelle said...

are those lightning mcqueen underwear MT's wearing? not that i am a weirdo-perv or anything, it's just that we have about 17 pairs of those, and i recognized them. and if baby twerp wears that shirt when we rendezvous, the boy will be his BFF.

Dreams of a Country Girl said...

marchelle-- aka kid perv....

quit looking at my kids in his undies...gross

i kid. i kid. yes, mcqueen they are . MT went through a total car fetish last year...we are now into spiderman and batman amd ben ten...

lordy be

Angie Seaman said...

Great post. Too funny. Hope everyone is on the mend and feeling much better now. Stumbled upon your blog threw Molly's today.
Have a great week!
Blessings, Angie
www.angelicagracedesigns.com/blog/
www.angelicagracedesigns.com

Lo said...

i, too, steal office supplies. it is a sad sickness. one i have admitted to my co-workers when they find that their colors pens go missing. sigh. i love colored pens.

(and sharpies. but that's another story.)

at least you guys could spend a little time together as a group- even if sick!

The Kelso-Winter Family said...

what is Pledge? I really should learn about these new-fangled things. My hubby does all the cleaning so email him.

Stephanie Carper said...

Yeah, those blue doctor's gloves are great around the house and for coloring my hair!

Anonymous said...

I don't think my boys owns a single pair of underwear that is not emblazoned with the likeness of some Marvel comic book hero!!

Nomers said...

I hope ya'll feel better soon! The last time I was at the Dr I so thought about stocking up, but I just knew I would get caught.

MauritaMason said...

You are too funny, even when you're sick!

The underwear thing reminds me of something I saw yesterday: a 6-year-old boy on a skateboard, imitating the big boys with his shorts pulled down below his butt and his underwear showing. You guessed it - he was wearing Underoos. Which made me think to myself, that skater kid is badass.

Mom said...

Wishing y'all a speedy recovery.

And I am also a big sappy baby. It doesn't matter if I'm reading a book, blog or watching a movie the water works can flow at any given moment. Oh and don't even get me started on the Hallmark comercials.

Dana and Daisy said...

Okay I have so many comments to make I don't know where to start. Your twerps may act fine, but honey their little faces look flushed to me. can I call you honey? Do we know each other that well?

I also cry at baby dedications. I know, it is supposed to be a happy time but I am all like a glazed donut monster when I see one.

Uhm the pants thing I thought was completely normal for little ones. But I have had to make my teenaged step sons wear pants over their boxers. Cause they don't want to see me in my panties, do they? No, I thought not. And I do not want to see them accidentally poking out of the flap of their boxers.

And for one hour and 15 minute is a long wait. I have threatened to charge my doctor my hourly fee when she did that to me. When I worked. Now I just sit and read and it is really sad when you are at the GYN and you only have a hospital gown on. I get cold for one thing.