- I flew out to Chicago Sunday night
- I had a reservation at the Marriott Suites O'Hare
- Apparently there is also a Marriott O'Hare (no suites) just a mile away
- Details Schmetails
- Checked in to the hotel (detail - wrong one)
- They told me my colleague had already checked in
- I WAS SHARING A ROOM?????
- OK -- Go with the flow...meet new peeps
- Went up to the room
- Opened the door
- Introduced myself to sleeping woman
- Lady went from dazed and confused to totally FREAKED out
- I continued to intro myself as her new colleague
- Tried to shake her hand
- She asked me to to get out of her room
- Oh yes...I persisted
- I thought we could be BFFs
- And make puffy paint shirts together
- And get the matching Be Fri...St Ends necklaces
- She once again told me VERY FIRMLY to leave her room
- I did
- Ooops...wrong hotel...
- Someone had the same last name as me
- Talk about serendipitous
- Anyhoo...ate dinner LATE with a friend
- Woke up the next morning
- Went into our Chicago office
- Meeting was CANCELLED
- I totally wasted my new cute shoes.So now I am in Louisiana working with another district. -- and let me just tell you HONEY CHILD. I just came back from dinner with my colleagues and I KID YOU NOT I ate the following:
- Oysters on a half shell
- Fried Green Tomatoes
- Shrimp Gumbo
- Shrimp Etouffee
- Stuffed Baked Potato
I am so full and it was so good and I think I should have worn my stretchy pants.
Anyhoo...the people I work with are AMAZING. And my office has three windows and a stapler. I feel so spoiled. AND I KID YOU NOT...they have a little drink cooler STOCKED WITH ALL THE DR PEPPER I CAN DRINK.....FOR FREE! Be still my beating heart.
Anyhoo...that is the preliminary stuff...now we are getting to the meat and potatoes. I need your help. Oh yes I do...BIG TIME.
Eldest Twerp's birthday is this FRIDAY and she will be 11. I want it to be special. She chose the activities. Friday night she wants the whole family to go see Madagascar 2 and order Sour Patches and a Sprite.
Then she wants to come home and roast marsh mellows and hot dogs in the fire pit.
Followed with a sleep over.
And a visit to the world of coca cola the next day.
But it is the gift that is getting me. She wants a gaming system. I KNOW NOTHING about gaming systems. I grew up on an Atari on our 17 in TV.
I was a KILLER at Space Invaders and Asteroids and Pitfall. Anyone? Anyone? And then came Centipede -- which I TOTALLY dominated.
So, if it were up to me, I would be digging the Atari out of the basement and slap a bow and some candles on that baby and move on to Christmas.
But, she wants one of the following....We have NO gaming systems at all at our house right now and the main thing she wants is PORTABLE!
Anyone got an opinion out there for a mom who really wants to just get her a mac book -- Help!
PSP or Nintendo DS? I know nothing about either -- pros/cons, cost comparisons, etc.....
PS For Christmas she is getting an ipod. If that helps with the decision making process at all.
Let me know and I will go pick it up Thursday and I will also start making her carrot cake ... ya know..Aunt Betty's STRAIGHT FROM HEAVEN AND RIGHT TO YOUR THIGHS cake.
Your thighs will sing my praises.