Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Savage Inequalities

I was in Baton Rouge working on my first account this week. Oh so exciting. And let me just tell you. I think I mighta fallen in love -- with Louisiana.

I have never met people with more pride and love in their hearts and Louisiana. I got more "honeys" and hugs than a baby on its birthin day.

But oh the potential of this district! Oh Oh Oh the POTENTIAL! I have never met a more dedicated staff. The teachers -- AMAZING. The administration -- DEDICATED. The kids? Oh. The kids.

If anyone for one instant thinks the educational system in our country is FAIR -- I beg of you to travel with me for one week. The Inequalities are SAVAGE!

The kid in Connecticut does not get the same education as the kid in East Saint Louis. And although I cannot save the world -- I can possibly maybe potentially make a difference -- at least to this school.

10 comments:

Lo said...

awesome. 'be the difference you want to see in the world.' :)

Dana and Daisy said...

wowie kazowie, you're on fire girlfriend!

Lo said...

I am so glad you love your job. I think I might have some envy...oh one day soon I will work again! til then it's ok! BTW got the boots and girl, I got 2 compliments within 10 minutes of getting to the restaurant! BIG SQUISHY HUGS!!!!

♥ Becky ♥ said...

You go Girl!!!! They need your compassion and dedication!!!!

Brandy said...

I did a case study on inequalities in education when I was a freshman in college. You're right, there are MAJOR flaws in the education system. It's nice to know that there are people who are passionate about this. Keep it up!

Paige said...

Man isnt that the truth---and not just among states, but among towns within minutes of each other. It is a sad state of affairs, because it is not that so many are doing an outstanding job at all

Jenn said...

*sigh*

I SO admire you.

Anonymous said...

The right people make all the difference!

The Kelso-Winter Family said...

amen and amen! i'm thinking of a great book that was written on that very subject....i will remember the author... think think think

The Kelso-Winter Family said...

jonathan kozol: savage inequalities... you're smarter than the average bear, CG