Saturday, November 22, 2008

I'm Gonna Fit Right In, Maybe

So Fridays at my new saved-my-life-new -job in another new city in my new state in my new time zone is CASUAL day. AND Krispy Kreme day. I love those two combinations. And just when I thought it could never get better, I found out that after lunch the support staff girls get together and do a little cha cha....real slow... And let me tell you, these girls can GET DOWN.
I, on the other hand, am all white -- but I did at one point and time own parachute pants. When I admitted to this...the music stopped and these were the looks I got...
I then did the worm...do you think it was too much?

Trying To Fit In At My New Job In My New City In My New State In My New Time Zone,
CG

9 comments:

feather k said...

Did you Charlie Brown too??? If so yeah...the worm may have been too much! Glad you're enjoying your JOB!!!

Anonymous said...

looks like fun!

So is this a long distance job? How are you managing that CG? I'm confused....

edie said...

I need to talk to IJ.....to make a suggestion for a potential Christmas gift for ya.....'cause wouldn't it have been nice to have caught the 'cha-cha' on video. The complete devouring of Krispy Kreme....now that's another story. I don't want anybody taking any video of me when the "Hot" sign is on.

Does casual Friday ever have themes?

Were you an avid line dancer at 'Cotton-Eyed Joe' back in the day?

What's the most Krispy Kremes you've had at one sitting?

These are the things that keep me up at night.

Dana and Daisy said...

okay these girls look like they can have some serious fun!

Jenn said...

Looks like a fun office! Hopefully we'll be hearing more about your dancin' co-workers!

Lo said...

oh my goodness. i am SO glad that you have this super duper fun work place!!! you're lucky!!!! and yet it's JUST what you deserve bc you're such a good person.

and i'm totally jealous. krispy kremes AND a chacha?? DUDE!

CreativeMish said...

I love casual friday!

melissa ellen parker said...

oh my gawsh! I love this. That sounds so fun and funny! I am totally a white girl dancer and I rock the Carlton and Elaine on the regular! I bet they loved it when you did the worm. I think if the moment struck you then it was right. I wondered at the wedding I went to if I should hold back on breaking the Elaine out so early in the night - well - I went with it and I think it totally rocked. I bet you did too. Now please please please get them to take pics of you wormin' it up! I so wanna see!

The Kelso-Winter Family said...

i hope those girls know that you are a serious blogger and that their cha cha selves will be posted to the world! shake it and cake it!