Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Actual Conversation

Middle Twerp was not feelin the love today as he had to go to school while his brother was able to stay home and play the Wii. I told him he needed to learn early on in life that injustices occur -- suck it up, walk it off, get back in the game.However in an attempt to get him enthusiastic about the opportunity for growth and learning, I allowed him to wear his Super Hero shirt to school. (Just a little side note about me: I dislike character shirts. The boy twerps LOVE character shirts. Here in lies the problem.) Anyhoo, the following conversation occurred on the way to school with the Super Hero shirt in tact.MT: Mom, I am having second thoughts about this shirt.

CG: Why sweetie? Are you realizing a nice Old Navy sweatshirt woulda been a better choice? Or possibly a darlin little GAP sweater with a layered shirt?

MT: No. I just don't know if I am ready to reveal my true identity quite yet.

19 comments:

Lo said...

bewahahahahahahhaha oh lordy he is so freakin cute. sigh.

vsm/whirling dirvish photography said...

Alls not fair in love & war

Linda said...

Totally cracked me up!

Jenn said...

That.is.hilarious.

What a personality that fella has!

Tracie said...

LOL

Perfectly Unperfect said...

Way TOO cute!!

Marchelle said...

before i had kids, i used to make fun of people who put their kids in character shirts. i. hated. them.

then i had a little boy.

and now we own fortyeleven Cars tee shirts, eleventeen diego shirts, a madagascar sweatshirt and yes - even a wiggles tee. ugh.

nicole said...

that is awesome!

Dana and Daisy said...

Oh my gosh. I just spewed cappuccino out of my nose.

Anonymous said...

Funny!

Anonymous said...

hilarious!

and let's get an AMEN on the character t-shirt thing!

AMEN.

edie said...

I will go to my grave being the mean mommy who refused to buy tennis shoes that blink and say "Dora the Explorer" but everybody has their line in the sand. I'm happy you can let him go with it.

And thank you today for so much encouragement. My eyes well up even now as I think about it. I am thankful for you CG! Enjoy that prayer book.

These Are The Days said...

I totally agree with the ugliness of character shirts, shoes and everything like it. However, my kiddos LOVE them so much that I caved a few years back. Mainly because they get so much joy from them (seriously) and because I had to pick my battles and got tired. Love your sons comment BTW.

Sarah said...

I'm with you on the t-shirts. I'll be the other mean mommy, I won't buy that stuff. I can't stand them & cringe when someone gives them one. I let them wear them around the house to play in but I do everything to not let them out in public with those.

The Kelso-Winter Family said...

boyz!

These Are The Days said...

OK so having done some more thinking about this whole tee shirt situation, I've decided it's time for 'the talk'. I really, really hate them wearing their star wars shirts every where and I'm the mom right? So! I am banning all cartoon/action figure clothing EXCEPT for bed time. They are welcome to wear their ugly old tee's to bed. :) Thanks for the courage.

Anonymous said...

i hate hate hate character shirts! I know Mason is still just a little guy so I don't have to worry about it but I dread the day we go to Target and he wants one. Ugh.

Your twerps are stinkin cute!

~Uncle Trixie~

Caroline said...

Boys! ...they think they're all that. *rolls eyes*

eurekan at heart said...

You're boys remind me so much of my dh and his brothers LOL! I ROFL every time I read a post! Gotta love em!