Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I Am June Cleaver: Don't You Judge Me

Ya know how sometimes things just need to stay in the family? How there are certain times you are so glad the neighbors did not see you act like a hoolagin? Well, those have been the last few days of our lives. There are ebbs and tides. Mountain tops and valley. Clean cloths and dirty socks and underwear lying on the floor for weeks (hypothetically speaking of course). Sure we love each other. Sure we a FAMILY. Sure we are married. And our marriage was made in heaven, but so was thunder and lightening. Ya know what I am sayin?

Anyhoo, ET came home from school with her Social Studies assignment yesterday and it said this: Your Family Is Fighting. Why Aren't You?
Oh Lordy Be. Look at the affect this has had on her. Look at how this must consume her. Oh,poor poor Eldest Twerp. I gave her a hug and asked if she was okay.
She replied, "Yeah, why? It's just a poster to recruit more soldiers for WWI. Gosh mom."

Oh yeah, I totally knew that. Forget my confession please. I am June Cleaver. I am wearing the heels and pearls right now to prove it. Thank you and good night.

5 comments:

Cowgirl in the City said...

LOL. How our minds wander! For all I know you ARE June Cleaver! And you're wearing heels while slaving over a five course dinner for the family right? :)

Cowgirl in the City

Patty Harral said...

"Sure we are married. And our marriage was made in heaven, but so was thunder and lightening."


BEST LINE EVER. OM - I never even thought this line but will use it for the rest of my life!

I love this blog. Don't ever go away or leave or stop cause I would be so sad.

Cynthia said...

Whew!

Marchelle said...

heeheeheehahahahahahohoho

Schatz said...

So funny!