Wednesday, March 25, 2009

For All The Junior High Boys Within

Good Morning! I like to start my mornings with a little jolt - some pizazz - some juice. a little bolster. And let me tell you, if anyone can use a jolt this morning, it is me. There was such an outcry when I posted about a few little earthworms last week, that I decided to add a little fuel to the fire. I mean you only live once and all, right? You mize well go for it.I picked the Twerps up and took them to the park. And I swear by all that is good any holy in this world, there is something within a boy that can find any sort of parasite, insect, arachnid, or slimy thing that would make a girl scream. They are born with the gross magnet deep within the bowels of there being. Sorry. I am part Junior High Boy myself.Anyhoo, this slug was immediately spotted. And what was sooooo intriguing about this particular being was the string of snotty mucus it left behind. And the thought that it MIGHT be able to be transferred into SOME ONE'S HAIR. I will spare you the pics.
But alas, we now have a new pet....
And I am thinking you all will want DAILY updates on his status. And LOTS AND LOTS of pics.
And I can also ship customized snot trails upon request.
This is the kind of dedicated friend I am.
Big Pink Fuzzy Heart With Glitter,
Country Girl

11 comments:

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

GROSS!!!!

You are a way better then me...I wold have killed the thing :)

Lo said...

let's pray that i only have girls.... i don't know if i could handle that amount of slug!!!!!! eep!

Dana and Daisy said...

I think you're an awesome mom and teacher for letting your kids explore these things. Just keep them away from copperheads. Oh of course you knew that. d'uh.

Jenn said...

O...M...G that slug is HUGE. We don't get them that big here in Idaho. They are just tiny here....and white. That thing....ick ick ick.

Anonymous said...

Oh my Gawd!! That is the biggest freakin' slug I've ever seen in my LIFE!! Ewwwww!!! But ya know, my kids would all over that thing, too. "Shudder"

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that there is another mom out there that has boys like mine!!! I show Short Stack the pictures and he yells "I want one!!!"

joansy said...

I like all the "that slug is huge!" comments. Looks like a normal slug to me! You guys should all come to WA and see a banana slug if you think that is big! :D

Faith said...

salt. lots of salt.

Kim and Dennis said...

I do think that I liked the worms better......at least they had a bath. DISGUSTING!

Marchelle said...

Amen to what Faith said.

You are givin me hot flashes here...are you trying to kill me with this and the worms post?

There are slugs that live in the flowerbeds at my work, and in the warmer months they'll come out at night. In the mornings when I come in to work, their slimy snot trail is zig-zagged across teh sidewalk and there are a few stragglers still hanging around....I literally shiver and get hot flashes and almost freeze and can't walk by them.
I don't know what the deal is. I'm a country girl who grew up with horses and dirt and stank, but I just cannot handle worms, slugs, or even caterpillars. Not even the cute fuzzy ones. But I don't mind snakes... weird, huh? Maybe because snakes have a face?? I dunno... ok that's all.

Marchelle said...

also, i feel as if joansy is daring me to google 'banana slug' ..... but i'm afraid to.