Sunday, March 8, 2009

A Record Has Been Set

We went bowling Friday night and I had a feeling that this was the night.
This was the night that I would score in the three digits. I felt it -- a record was to be set.And I was feeling very confident and talking a little smack -- until I looked up to see I was at the bottom of the score card. Below a three year old even.Some people had an encouraging spirit for the successes of others. I did not. Baby Twerp was leading the pack with his skillz.
He was so powerful he knocked himself over....And while he was down there he decided to just hang and see how it all worked out for him.And let me tell you, it was working good.The kid was hot tonight....oh so hot tonight. But where will he be tomorrow? (name that tune)He was smoking the pants off of the rest of us.
But the night was not over yet.
I began to explain to each of them that sure they were good and talented and successful. But there was no way they would ever be takin their momma down. Never - eva. Impossible. Inconceivable.
So I gave them all kisses as a consolation prize from the whoopin they were all about ready to endure.
It's all in the face -- this is my game face. Watch and learn novices....watch and learn.Oooohhhh -- I can totally pick this up.
Or maybe not -- but at the end of the night. My score? Read em and weep baby -- 104. Try to contain the jealousy.

6 comments:

Linda said...

Looks like y'a;; had a great time! Congrats on your triple digit score!

Dana and Daisy said...

sooo dang cute of that baby twerp, doing his victory dance and all.

and you officially are a better bowler than me now! I might be able to beat you with my handicap though.

Treasia Stepp said...

Baby Twerp looks so cute doing his little victory dance. Not to mention just chilling while his ball heads down the lane.

Jenn said...

Congrats on triple digits!! Looks like you guys had a great time. :)

Marchelle said...

that's like, uh, twice as much as my score.

The Kelso-Winter Family said...

my question is o' gloating gal is: how did your photos come out so good in that dark bowling alley? mine blew!