Maybe it is the fact that I was more lead by she than her by me. I will give you a moment, cause that was deep for me.
However, in the moment of nostalgia I am having, I would like to take a few seconds to stop and remember all the good things I love about her. Let's reminisce together, shall we?
- She has the highest people to pick-up truck ratio in the world. And I love it.
- She brought ya'll back. Although I never really thing it went out.
- Oklahoma is one of the few places I can sit at Starbucks and literally know EVERYONE who went through the drive thru. By "everyone" I mean I also know all their kids' names. And there horse too.
- There is no traffic.
- I swear to my faithful Lordy Almighty, that I went to the mall and walked into my FAV story. I have not been in this store since May 2008. When I walk in ALL 3 sales ladies say "Country Girl, MY GAWD. Where have you been???" Then they set me up a dressing room and IJ called two hours later in a tizzy cause he saw the Discover bill charge post online. I was going thru a tunnel and we got disconnected. It was a shame.
- Friends. -- Feather, Heather, Meather.....Okay, I was joking about Meather. But if there is one out there- you should TOTALLY call me cause you would fit into our group.
- The smell. It smells fresh out here. Or it could be the ranches.
- Wal Mart is the heartbeat of the community
- The Wormy Dog
- I know every road. Every school. Every elected official. Every police officer - let's not go there.
- The Base
- The Airplanes
- The BX
- My Friends.
- Your Doing Fine Oklahoma - without me, but I miss you. OK?
So do you have a place you miss and love? Where do you long for? Miss the familiarity and the comfort?