Friday, August 28, 2009

Ohhh Child Things Are Gonna Get Easier

It's Crazy Early O'Clock Friday morning and I woke up to think about everything going on right now. As you could tell by my last post, I am a completely stable unemotional rock. Yes, that describes me to a T: unemotional, level-headed, demur and while we are at it, let's throw in funny, talented, organized, and Mensa-like-wisdom. This is what I love about a blog, you can make this stuff up.

Anyhoo, you have no idea the support and encouragement I take from your comments and emails (THANKS CHRISTY!). I truly do value each of you and love you and appreciate you in my life. Really. And I honestly feel better already -- one day at a time. One day at a time. And you all are right -- I would not be happy as a SAHM. But God totally has my back, he proved it today.

Just as I was feeling the waves of panic and stress wash over me at the mere thought of having to move in 18 months and the juggling of my job and home responsibilities, my boss called today. And can I just say that I love my boss. He is intense, but I truly respect the man. And he is talking 90 miles a minute and in the middle of "do this and read that" he says this...

How are you? Are you doing okay? Are you overwhelmed? Do you need me to hire you a some full time help?

Uhm. pump the breaks...Have you been reading my blog??? I KID I KID. One, he is not the blog readin kind of guy. Two, I would DIE of mortification. Three, I would be fired and thus eliminate the need for a full time assistant.

So,I looked toward the heavens and said YES!!!! And then did a happy dance in my office and blew kisses to God. But in a totally not weird way. I was very cool about it.

So, I am feelin better about work. And they give me a generous amount of vaca days, I am going to start taking them. And not even get out of my PJs those days.

Then I started to think about the Twerps -- are they okay? Are they peaceful? Is this affecting the "family unit" and I went in to check on the boys and this is what I found... They have crawled up in bed together and are about as sweet and confirming of my prayers and possible.
So as ET is curled up beside me as I type this and the boys are comforted by one another and fine, there was only one other person to worry about and be concerned with.
This one? Uhm, I might still need some help with him. Apparently, I had the flash on. And apparently that will wake a bear from hibernation at Crazy Early O' Clock. RUN! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!!

12 comments:

Tana said...

they could not get any sweeter than that! they really are terminally cute.

Dana and Daisy said...

apparently God was listening too.

Steve would file for divorce.

Mama Mess said...

Glad you are feeling better, and you are so right.......God totally has our backs, each and every single day! And the best part is He knows us better than we know ourselves, so what's to worry about! ;o)

Have a great day!

T. Powell Coltrin said...

Now THAT is what life is all about! You are a precious family, and CG you are a precious woman.

PS I have overslept. Need to rush now to go to work.

TJ

Katie said...

I just can't get over how inspiring you are. I don't even HAVE kids and I feel frazzled. And your twerps are beyond cute.

Farmgirl Paints said...

Hang in there girl!

Scrappy Girl said...

Oh how sweet...that pic is adorable. Glad things are falling into line for ya.

Melinda said...

Somehow I believe whatever you decide it IS going to work out for you. Your children know they are loved and they seem to be doing just fine...

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

You are right God does have your back and you will be fine and so will the family unit!

{{hugs}}

Marchelle said...

do you get to do the interviews?! will you blog about each one so we can choose your assistant????

your twerps are precious.

Krafty Christy said...

I just noticed the time on this post was 3:17 AM. So you took a pic, of your sleeping hubby,@ 3 somthing in the AM with the flash on. Yeah, I'd probably be divorced too. What a great guy you have. (And I still think he's cute, too!) ;)

City girl turned Country Girl said...

Your such a hoot!! I just love reading your posts!! I'm so glad to hear that you will be getting that help you need!! Praise God!!