Sunday, October 17, 2010

I Beseech You Dear Brothern

Soooo -- we bought a new house. And as you may recall the drawings from my AMAZING Portuguese architect But if not, let me recap, cause I think we have all drank Cupcake since then...and we all know the affects of my beloved Cupcake.
Anyhoo, IJ's orders for the Deep South were only for 2 years. And those 2 years were up. And in those two years, we had found a neighborhood we loved (the ladies have wine exchanges here, enough said) and the spawn had a school they loved, and my job? I big pink fuzzy heart with glitter love my job. And the most important thing of all -- there is an Ann Taylor and Cole Haan less than 10 minutes away. I am a good Christan woman and I have my priorities right. Amen.
So when we found out that we would more than likely probably be moving to a new house in a new town in a new city in a new state in a new time zone -- I did what any mature, executive woman would do-- except I am from the south-- I locked myself in my room with 8421 boxes of Krispie Kreme and several bottles of Cupcake and refused to believe reality.

And I cried.

And IJ fixed it all -- as he always does.

He sacrificed his career and made a career change for the mental heath of his dear sweet precious wife. He's a keeper.

And as luck would have it -- God's grace and mercy shown down upon us and the house at the end of the cul-de-sac went on the market. And we got a great deal with everything we want.

The twerps will not have to change schools. I still get to keep my neighborhood friends and my job....and ....

We have to remodel.

So, I need your help.

Cause we are all painfully aware that I cannot make a decision to save my dear sweet precious soul.

Let's start easy --

The kitchen.

Here she is.....As you can see the kitchen/living/and breakfast nook are all one shot. I need your help with the cabinets, counter tops, sink, appliances and back splash. When IJ asked me I said YES. He then just stroked my hair and put me to bed. It is a usual occurrence at our home.
So first things first -- the cabinets?
I either want to do Bisque Glazed Cabinets -- (note these are not my cabinets, but just a sample pic I pulled off)
Or a distressed wood rustic looky thing... (note the below pics are samples from our cabinet guy, Juan. I love him with all my soul.)


I have gotten stainless steel appliances and a farm house apron sink....
I had decided to go with the white glaze but IJ felt like there was no going back with that. And let me be real honest -- IJ is a real trailblazer -- he loves bright bold colors, like mocha. I'm telling you -- something like RED would just make him go nine kinds of crazy and we would have to sedate him with whiskey and women -- hmmm, maybe I should paint it red and buy him a spittoon and get a flapper dress -- just sayin...
Sorry -- I digress.
So -- I need your help..
White bisque glazed -- or....
Distressed Glazed Oak
Until you decide I will be dancing the flapper dance in my backyard....
with some Cupcake.....
Amen...
Go forth and choose......
Save me from myself.
Love,
Flapper Dancin Country Girl in Need Of Cabinets

No comments: