Thursday, March 24, 2011

Conversations with IJ

ME: What exciting and adventurous happened to you today?

IJ: Nothing much

ME: So what do you wanna do tonight that will be exciting and adventurous?

IJ: Whatever

ME: You want to paint my toenails?

IJ: Not so much

ME: You want to bake a 3 layer cake and bedazzle it with pink icing and gems? Then we can sing happy birthday to each other and blow out the candles and I can wrap up some random item in the house and give it to you as a present -- and while I am doing that you can run out to Ann Taylor and buy me a real gift -- with shoes. How about that?

IJ: We can

ME: What is up with the fact that I can talk for hours on end and say the longest sentences known to mankind and all you give me in return are 2-word sentences?

IJ: That's all I have to say.

ME: I know but don't you want to make things interesting? To feel the excitement of the day? To glitter things up a little?

IJ: No

ME: Well I love to embezzle a story

IJ: Embellish

ME: Huh? What? Come again?

IJ: Embellish. You love to embellish a story.

ME: That's what I said.

IJ: No, you said embezzle.

ME: Whatever. There is no difference. Embellish. Embezzle, Poe tate o's Poe tat o's. Details Schmetails.

IJ: That's why I use fewer words.

ME: Why?

IJ: I sound smarter.

ME: U hurt. Embezzler.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Made me laugh

DW said...

HHHAAA hhhaaaa! You make me laugh!

gramps said...

Glad to have you back

Weekend Cowgirl said...

Very cute!

rainboy said...

haha nice one