Sunday, April 10, 2011

ET is a STAR!

ET -- oh my dear sweet angel Eldest Twerp. I remember the first time I ever saw her in her little purple star outfit bouncing down the path at the zoo. I knew. I just knew she was meant for greatness.

But, as with life, challenges and struggles have happened. And our move from the Wild West to the Deep South was nothing less than catastrophic for her.

There have been many nights of tears, morning of screams, and weekends of drama. But now...now...I think she is finding her niche. DRAMA! It's so unlike her mother who is shy and serious and never has a flair for the dramatic. But to each their own. And finally, finally -- the smile is back. The shine is there. And she is home. Amen.

6 comments:

Jenn said...

Fantastic!! That's just great for her <3

The Wife said...

I almost didn't recognize her, she's matured into such a beautiful young lady! So happy she found her niche!

Weekend Cowgirl said...

It's always nice when you can see them realize something they are very good at. I think it is one of those steps which not only matures them, but helps them to like themself...

Rob Dares said...

I have a daughter who discovered a love of drama, acting, and the stage and it has become a wonderful part of her life. I share your feelings of seeing them realize some dreams.

kate said...

What a great post! I love drama too. Small town plays are one of my favorite memories from growing up in the country.

Melinda said...

when are you coming back>?