Thursday, August 21, 2008

You Say Trucker. I Say Hail Mary!

As we were driving home from yoga {Sidenote: Please let me stop here just for a moment and say that I went to real yoga the past few weeks. By real yoga, I mean NOT Silver Sneakers. And let me just say I am so going back to Silver Sneakers where I don't sweat and where I do not get dizzy when I stand up and where I am at the head of the class. Thank you very much.}

But as we were coming home from the YMCA {Sidenote: I enrolled Baby Twerp in Mother's Day Out at the YMCA for 1 day a week from 9 to 1. And I think I hear pedicures calling....or maybe tanning bed. Do you think they can do my toes while I tan? Will they have to see me naked? Ah, the dilemmas in my life.}

So, after we completed real yoga and enrollment in Mother's Day Out at the YMCA, we headed home {Sidenote: Actually went to McDonald's but I did not want you to judge me and I wanted you to think I was all healthy doing real yoga and all and that I would never put a half hydrogenated, heavy on the glutton, sodium induced, monocarbonated glubenate meal into my body. But I cannot handle the guilt any longer. I went to McDonald's.}

But on the drive home we went past a construction site.
In which we HAD to stop. So Baby Twerp could give me a detailed play-by-play of exactly what they were doing.And I Twittered.
And picked my cuticles.
And started to sweat. But he was having so much fun in the bowels of dirt and construction.
But when he started yelling out to the Trucker....We had to leave...QUICKLY!
Why? Why you ask? Cause Baby Twerp has speech issues. One of which he says "F" for "T". We drove out of there like a bat out of Hades I am tellin ya.And we said Hail Mary's all the way home. Frust Me.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was absolutely hilarious!! Poor kid... poor you! When my oldest, now five, was two she loved to make up words. One day she happened to say "that" word and would not stop. I did not want to make a big deal about it though. I figured she'd move on without me having to tell her. Eventually I had to tell her it was not a nice word after she repeated it in front of our pastor!!

Jenn said...

OMG! That's a cute story. I love all of your adventures. I hope I'm creative like this when my son gets older. You guys look like you have so much fun every day. :-)

Jenn said...

OMG! That's a cute story. I love all of your adventures. I hope I'm creative like this when my son gets older. You guys look like you have so much fun every day. :-)

Laura B. said...

I swear...you guys have so many misadventures! It's awesome!

Kim said...

Years ago I knew a little boy whose daddy was a "fruck driver".

Oh, and my cousin's nephew called his aunt "Aunt Whaurie" until she sat him down and taught him how to make the /l/ sound!

Kids are the greatest!

♥ Becky ♥ said...

How cute is that. My boy did the same thing with his t's and f's. He looked like he was surely enjoying himself though!!

Krafty Christy said...

CG, you always make me laugh. I really don't think anything can top the dinosaur in tampon bondage, though. I'm still laughing over that one!

Paige said...

My sister had a similar problem with Kentucky Fried Chicken. How KEN -tucky turned into that, we still do not know

Us said...

HAHAHA!! Funny! I'm sure I could come up with a few from my own kids but it's to early in the day to think! Coffee..need more coffee.....

Jamie said...

so cute! my brother used to have a similar obsession with tractors, although i don't recall any speech issues like that. how hilarious..