Some of my favorite quotes are:
8/15/95 "I think I need to become a stronger Christian. I hope God helps me."
8/20/95 FIVE days later. "I got a fake ID today"
7/15/95 "So, Robin, Lydia, Jamie, Bill, Steve, Chris, and Aaron are spending the night. I wonder what we'll eat for breakfast." Huh???
7/13/95 "I need some time to heal this precious heart of mine." Oh someone help. I am laughin so so hard!! Precious heart of mine???? I wonder if the sleepover helped?
7/11/95 "He is not really my kinda guy but I don't want him to not feel accepted so I guess we can hang out." SOMEONE SLAP ME SILLY!!!!!!!!!
4/22/95 "I mean seriously how much do people really ever look at a biology grade when you go to get a job?"
9/21/94 "Janette really likes Dan. I think I'll break up with him for her. I mean we're not really an item yet. That's how good of a friend she is!" WHAT?
7/9/94 "Today at work I was responsible for a lady in a wheelchair. I forgot I had her, and when I turned around she was gone. Never did find her." Hmm
7/3/94 "I want to be a missionary."
7/12/94 "I want to a bartender."
6/16/94 "Woke up at 11. Called Allison to see if she wanted to go shop. She like had to be at work at 6. That would not be enough time. Going back to sleep."
April 1995 - "People need to chill. It is not like I got a tattoo or have an STD." I like how I put those in the same category.
But the thing that had me gigglin all night was the list of
99 Things I Want to Do Before I Am 40.
Why 40? Cause in my 18-year-old mind "40" and "Before I Die" were synonymous.
But notice the name of the list. Then notice the total amount of items on the list. That is all I am sayin.
Read and laugh at me as hard as I laughed at myself.
99 Things I Want To Do Before I Am 40
- Find my soul mate
- Make a difference
- Visit Paris
- Kiss in the rain
- Adopt a baby
- Own a cell phone (giggle)
- Graduate (high goal here - just graduate)
- Floss daily (huh?)
- Have a beautiful wedding
- Spend more on my honeymoon than I should
- Make someone proud
- Understand myself
- Eat spaghetti in Italy (spaghetti? really???)
- Climb the Statue of Liberty
- Go to a Yankees game
- Live in the mountains
- Hike a mountain (kinda goes w/ #16)
- Go white water rafting (that's how I'll get down from the mountain)
- Shoot a gun (in the mountains?)
- Ski in Colorado
- Camp in Yellowstone
- Play the piano
- Watch a lightening storm from the ocean
- Go skinny dipping
- See Niagara Falls
- Make a three point shot
- Go to a championship game
- Coach a team (so so specific)
- Change someone's life
- Sky dive
- Cry til I can cry no more(why?? why not laugh??)
- Have babies
- Be someone's boss (how bout first GET A JOB)
- Let someone have the week off, just cause
- Eat sushi
- Eat caviar
- Look sophisticated (not BE sophisticated, just look it)
- Be sexy to someone (anyone will do)
- Dance and smile (like rub your belly and pat your head?)
- Have an open home (for sale?)
- Sleep under the stars
- Still have my real teeth (WHAT??)
- Catch a fish and eat it
- Hold someone as they cry
- Stay up all night cause I don't want a moment to stop
- Drive a convertible (shoulda said OWN)
- Sail a boat
- Lead someone to Jesus
- Vote for president of the United States
- Thank a soldier (why I married IJ)
- Have a briefcase (giggle)
- Host Saturday Night Live (SWEEEEET)
- Kiss at the Empire State Building
- Surprise myself (like a party?)
- Shake the President's hand (dead or alive?)
- Hold my lover's hand (huh?)
- Write a book
- Kiss someone I shouldn't
- Go to Australia
- Slide into home plate
- Wear a skirt shorter than I should (uhm, hello college)
- Wear a bikini on my 40th birthday (uhm, nope)
- Smoke a cigar (while in a bikini?)
- Listen to someone who feels unheard
- Always spend Christmas with family
- Say I'm sorry even if I'm not
- Give away more money than I can afford to
- Paint a house
- Go on a mission trip to Africa
- Fly in first class
- Have a best friend forever
- Be a best friend forever
- Pet an elephant
- Say yes if my heart tells me to
- Play in a famous rock band
I think 77 should have been: Finish this list before I am 40.
Oh Lord. I was something alright.
Which was your fave?