Monday, August 3, 2009

Killers Among Us

I love this little sweet and yummy baby twerp. Why? Well, cause he is sweet and yummy.I also love this one too -- but we are not talkin bout him right now -- so put him out of your mind. He is always an attention stealer. Just like his Daddy -- attention attention. He should take more after me -- shy and demur. Amen.Anyhoo, Baby Twerp has had a rough week. First he jumped into the baby pool and sliced his foot open on a broken wine bottle. (NO! It was NOT mine.)

Then he fell off the slide at Monkey Joe's and got this... Then he fell down a small flight of stairs and banged up his head and wrist.But nothing compares to what happened this weekend. Oh sweet heavenly Jesus lying in your crib -- my poor sweet angel Twerp.

He had his last T-ball game this weekend. And he was not all that into actually "playin" so he ran off and fell on the ground? Why? Cause he is Baby Twerp and that is what Baby Twerps do. It is their nature.... their instincts and all. It is hard to break them on it. Anyhoo -- I did what all good mothers do when their baby is acting like a hooligan. I ignored him. And then he shot up and started screamin...and running....
And was yelling -- Help me Jesus! Help me Jewish God! Help me Allah! AAAAAHHH! Help me Tom Cruise! Tom Cruise, use your witchcraft on me to get the fire off me! And when he got to me...Middle Twerp was right on his heels.. tellin me how bad it was. And it was bad indeed.
Cause in his fit of laziness he had laid down in one of these...And that was not a good choice at all....
Cause there were forty-eleven kazillion fire ants angry as a hornet's nest.
But OF COURSE Eldest Twerp was there to doctor away the welps and sting with her first aid bag she INSISTED on buying when the boys signed up for sports.
I just love that kid.
And boy did she have her work cut out for her.
But what I love about this story is the whole family pitched in. Immediately circling around their sibling. ET was doctoring and consoling, MT was crying and compassionate for his brother, and me? Uhm, I was taking pics so I could tell you all about it. Please don't judge me.But MT was about the sweetest.
He told all his friends about it. Warning them of the danger and the brave-ness of BT.
"I'm not kidding, those ants were killer ants from Africa. One bite and the venom is strong enough to kill a bear. Seriously. Thank you Lord Jesus for savin my brother. Even while there are killers among us."
Meanwhile, back at the ranch -- the show must go on. So MT stood and guarded the ant hill. To make sure none of them spewed their venom on any other innocent bystanders.
And BT?
Well, you were not gonna find his feet touchin the ground.
Not for a long long time.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, poor BT!!! I know that's a lot of pain for such a little man....I feel for him!!!

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

What an awesome post! Oh, I was laughing so hard! The photographs were just hilarious!

Great story and I hope he is feeling all better now. (I would have done the same thing with the camera, by the way....I'm like that too!)

Mama Mess said...

The help me part cracked me up! We are big time movie quoters and oh how we do love our Ricky Bobby!

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

Poor thing....I hate those stupid ants.

I hope he's all better soon :)

Linda said...

ACK! So glad he's not allergic. That would be very bad.
Looks like all turned out well in the end.

Dana and Daisy said...

poor guy! Man! it is hard growing up!
If I was ever eaten by red ants, I'd hope ET would be nearby with her first aid kit! Cause I'd be whaling and crying crazy things, too!

Shellgirl said...

Oh! That is so so so so funny! My own version of BT (who is too tall to call BT now, but he's still my baby) used to LOVE to lie on the ground at the craziest times... like while playing tball or practicing taekwondo, or when he was supposed to be doing something at daycare and later kindergarten.

Luckily, I don't remember a fire ant attack during any of his "spells". That might've broken him from doing that!

I'm glad BT is okay, and I'm so proud of his brother and sister for taking care of him!

City girl turned Country Girl said...

Oh My Goodness!!! What a time! Here in KS we don't have those fire ants/Biting ants whatever they call themselves... But when we lived in TX we learned about those nasty creatures and just how mean they are!! I love how ET was being all motherly and MT was telling of the battle LOL!! Such a sweet family you have!!

blue-eyes said...

Hey! I live in the South also..this time of year, the ground is covered with red ant hills. I know this sounds crazy, but if you pour a little bleach onto a paper towel and dab the bites with it, not only will it take the burn away, but heal them much more quickly, esp. when they start looking like little pimples in a few days. Just once a day should do. I SWEAR it works.

Krafty Christy said...

That was the funniest post!! And for what it's worth, I almost walked into a huge fire ant nest yesterday while hubs was mowing the yard. He started yelling at me and shooing me away, and at first I was kind of P-Oed until I looked where he was pointing. It was scary, I tell ya! I hope BT feels better soon!

Melinda said...

Those boys are the cutest ever!

Caroline said...

Holy moly, he's hard core! Poor little BT. :(

Super great photos too...while neglecting your ailing child you captured some amazing shots. Ha!

xoxo