Sunday, May 23, 2010

I've Got Another Confession to Make

I think in song. I swear my life is one big musical and I am the only one in it. At least the only one IN on it. Cause inevitably when I break out into song during conversations, I always get the "OKAY" awkward walk away. It hurts.

So since I cannot be myself to anyone in my non-virtual world, I will be me with you -- cause you withhold all judgement and you love and embrace me for the Mary Poppins that dwells within. Amen.

If this post were an episode of Glee I would start off with a little Foo Fighter...

I've Got Another Confession to Make

and then I would ever so delicately move into Chris Isaak's

Baby did a bad bad thing, baby did a bad bad thing.
Baby did a bad bad thing, feel like crying, feel like crying.

Then right on the heels of that I would have to ask for David Gray's

Please forgive me if I act a little strange, for I know not what I do...

And then I would move into a dramatic cry like Puss n Boots on Shrek.

Cause I mighta kinda possibly sorta maybe have done a bad bad thang.

Let's start in the beginning, shall we?

Once upon a time in a far away land called the Deep South there lived a Country Girl. An awkward indecisive woman who was consumed with Cupcake wine and pink glitter. She had a flair for the dramatic - but absolutely positively no-doubt-about-it could not make a decision to save her dear sweet precious soul. Not even on the holiest of all Sundays - no siree Bob. She just couldn't do it.

So she relied of her Raider of the Lost Ark to sweep in and save her from the temple of doom - indecisiveness. Yes, Indiana Jones was her savior. He was her go-to-guy. The one who would sign on the dotted line and save her from the stress of the plunge.

However....

IJ was deployed to a far away land called Texas. And Country Girl was left to the solace and independence that only the Air Force could bring - so she shopped. She shopped to pass the time away. She couldn't decide on the red pumps or the jeweled heels. The bedazzled peasant shirt or the starched fitted blouse. She thought and she thought, but alas - no decision could be made.

Until one day -- she drove by a house. And it was for sale. And it cried out to her.

Country Girl saw so much hope in this home. So much potential. So much beauty that was hidden from the years on neglect and abuse. And right then and there, Country Girl fell in love. She feel in love with what this home COULD be. With what a little love and investment could make in this precious home's life.

So she bought it. Kinda like right then and there.

And she now kinda has to tell IJ. But she doesn't know how. Or if she should. She just can't decide.

Maybe she should write him. Or tell him on the phone. Maybe she can reach him by railway, maybe she can reach him by trailway

Maybe she can reach him on an airplane, or can reach him with her mind

She can reach him by caravan, cross the desert like an Arab man

She doesn't care how she tells him, just- tell him if you can!

And uh - yeah. She just doesn't know what to do. But she did it -- and now. Uhm, yeah. Maybe she possibly shoulda coulda woulda mighta wanted to think this through a little more.

Maybe, but she just doesn't know.

Gulp.

No comments: